(LoQ) Clan Official Site
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeCalendarFAQLatest imagesSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)

Go down 
+4
theyear2000
NO DATA
Kat
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin

Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) Empty
PostSubject: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 12:33 pm

Tired of missing easy shots? Well, download this aimb..joking eek

Here i will share with you some things to help you improve your aim in quake 3 arena, and ANY other fps games you play! That's right folks, so sit back and relax because this may be a lengthy post.

First of all, let's cover the basics.

Mouse Positioning:
If you've been playing Quake 3 for a long time, skip this step. This is for teh n0obZ Only!

1) Keep your head up at all times! Don't have your head down just because there are no enemies around. What's going to happen is an enemy is going to hop into the room and kill you before you can even react. This is a very simple step that will improve your gameplay dramatically.
Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) Q320120930054402
Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) Q320120930054408

Patience:
In fps games such as quake 3, you need to be patient but react quickly at the same time. And what i mean by that is, when you see an enemy, don't go ape shit and swing your mouse in hopes that you will get lucky and frag your opponent. Instead, take your time and place your crosshair over the enemy, make sure it's on him, and click. But the thing is, you can't be too slow with this either. Practice AIMING at targets such as bots, instead of just trying to react quickly as i see many players do. And they wonder why they miss so much Shocked

Sound:
Sound plays a VERY important role in how well you play. The better you can hear your enemies coming, the more time you have to get ready for a clean kill. So don't play with one earphone in your ear and then wonder why you aren't owning. I suggest you get a good pair of gaming headphones. (I use ASUS VULCAN headphones)

Mouse & Mousepad:
These two can make a difference as well. If you use a normal mouse and you play ok, getting a gaming mouse would probably increase your skill right off the bat. I've seen this many times with many players, just look at Kat. He sucked before he got his deathadder! Just kidding, he didn't suck, but he definitely wasn't as good as he is now. And i think he knows that getting that mouse did help him become more accurate. This is also the reason why my skill level rocketed from when i first made LoQ (hi haters Razz ) But do not get me wrong, anybody can own with ANY mouse if they get used to it. (may take hella long though, getting a gaming mouse is like a shortcut)

CFG:
Now, some players will debate me on this one. But in the end i am right. Cfg does make a difference. You will hear some players saying "cfg doesnt mean shit" and those are the main players who always wonder why they get owned. This goes out to the 'good' players who say it too. Their skill level will never increase, or it will take a long time to surpass it. The main thing you need to worry about is the Sensitivity. If you find yourself missing alot, adjust it! Why wait a lifetime to try and get used to a crappy sens? Lower it. From my experience and many other good aimers, Low Sensitivity = Better Accuracy. if you can't whip your mouse around and do a 360, that's ok, that's just for show anyways..you wont need to be doing 360's. Put it as low as you can stand it. I like to have it to the point where i can barely turn around, but that's just me. And of course, there are SOME players who use a high sens and are accurate, but it is very very rare.

Focus:
One thing i hate is when i'm playing with someone and they are having a casual conversation. If you've scrimmed with me and done it, im sure you know i hate it. Don't expect to pull off a good score if you can't focus. You should be warning (when you are dead AND alive) to help your teammates out. When you are dead you shouldn't be talking about Tom Cruise. Try and get in the zone when you play, once you get in it...nobody will be able to touch you.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST!!! READ THIS EVERYBODY!! MOUSE ACCELERATION (IMPORTANT FOR ALL PLAYERS):
So assuming everybody knows what Mouse Acceleration is..let's get right into this. What you want to do is turn Mouse Acceleration in Windows off COMPLETELY as this affects your mouse movement in game! Alot of people don't know about this! But this small step can improve your aim DRA-MA-TIC-ALLY! You will NOT be able to play well consistently with Mouse Acceleration on! And here's why.

Let's say i move my mouse from point A to point B with mouse acceleration off. Now let's say I do it again with mouse acceleration on, and try moving from point A to point B. Even though i moved my mouse the same distance, because of the mouse acceleration, the pointer isn't going to land exactly on the other point! Basically, EVERY STROKE of your mouse is different with mouse acceleration on! So, TURN THAT CRAP OFF NOW.

How do you do it? If you are on Windows XP, you need to follow these instructions.

WINDOWS XP

Open up “Control Panel”. Then, open the “Mouse” panel and do exactly as you see demonstrated in the screenshot below, select the “Pointer Options” tab and un-check the “Enhance pointer precision” box.
Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) Mouseaccel1
Good job! Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) Banana Hold it! Stop dancing, you aren't done just yet. Even though you've turned Acceleration off, there will still be a little Accel active because its a Windows glitch Rolling Eyes Now, you need to download the famous CPL Mouse Fix. This will eliminate all remaining mouse accel! DOWNLOAD CPL MOUSE FIX (Save The Folder Somewhere. To Install Go Into The Install Folder And Double Click the .reg File Inside. Restart Your Computer. Mouse Accel Is Gone! To Uninstall, Go Into The Uninstall Folder And Double Click The .reg File Inside, Restart Your Computer, DONE!)

(One more thing, In the mouse properties (screenshot above) MAKE SURE your pointer speed is on the default 6th notch. There are 11 notches, keep it on the 6th and DO NOT change it or else it will skip pixels! This is not what you want!)

WINDOWS 7
Now I don't use Windows 7 because I don't like it but you can get the Mouse Fix for windows 7 HERE (Read The Instructions On That Page And Follow Them Closely)

Now after applying the Mouse Fix on Windows XP or Windows 7 it may feel weird at first. This is how it's supposed to feel, no acceleration crap added. It may feel a bit slower, and may take a short time to get used to. But also, you should notice you are much more accurate after a while sign Yes, now you can dance my friend eek Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) Dance. In the end, it's all about making your mouse do what you want it to do!

I hope this helps you guys Wink ~sticky

Last edited by Sticky on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://loqclan.forumotion.com
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 1:49 pm

Sticky wrote:
I've seen this many times with many players, just look at Kat. He sucked before he got his deathadder!

heartt Hahahaha nice guide.
Back to top Go down
NO DATA

NO DATA

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 30, 2012 3:03 pm

Here's my way of practicing, I got it from Seenage(from n2p).

Go into a server you have ref in, and play against a bot(of either level 3 or higher as far as difficulty) until 25 points, and restart every time you die or miss a shot. It's tough, but possible, I've done it a couple times.
Back to top Go down
Kat

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 2:16 am

NO DATA wrote:

Go into a server you have ref in, and play against a bot(of either level 3 or higher as far as difficulty) until 25 points, and restart every time you die or miss a shot. It's tough, but possible, I've done it a couple times.

Why would you take aiming tips from Seenage...
Back to top Go down
theyear2000

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:19 pm

Kat wrote:
NO DATA wrote:

Why would you take aiming tips from Seenage...

And you wonder why hes almost as bad as i am
Back to top Go down
NO DATA

NO DATA

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 9:55 am

Considering I've top gunned over you while you had hax, Y2Gay, I think you might wanna pick a different way of shit talking. Wink

Btw, what I said, isn't "aiming tips," it's a way to practice your aim, reaction time, and the spawn locations.
Back to top Go down
pr1me
Admin
pr1me

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2012 11:01 pm

If your looking for a good gaming mouse, try this out.
http://bestgamingmousestore.com/
I own the g500.
Back to top Go down
Insane

Location : swagg country AKA nigga land, and im the fuckin president the capital is swag city

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 3:01 am

me killzor have razer deathadder 3500 ( i think data does to)
Back to top Go down
sorry4thewait

sorry4thewait

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2012 6:01 am

jst ordered Cyborg R.A.T. 9 bitches
Back to top Go down
n3wb

n3wb

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 26, 2013 12:18 pm

Hey thanks this was very helpful...
Been playing Quake 3 for years up until 2006.
took a few years off and just started up again a few months ago.
I tell ya man I used to play every mod out there,ya all know them...
But I never played excessive until I got back into it,
... and man I'll never go back.
They got an old plan vanilla excessive Q3 server up now and the skills there are awesome.
It would be an honor,"ya remember that word,There was always honor between the original Quake players",
To see ya come around and frag some.
the website/forum is http://clankobk.com and it is active as in peeps coming there posting.
Not a big revival or any thing,but good solid peeps who love the game.
server IP 8.9.8.81
I used to be AKA **Lone**and n3wb as well.
I hope to see you there..
later..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)   Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Improving Your Quake 3 Aim (Sticky's Guide)
Page 1 of 1